Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Strawberry Bread

Long time no see.  Yes, it has been a while.  With my work schedule and with how hectic it has been I have not had time to post in a while.  Hopefully this will be me starting again.  Ava is now one!!!  Here is a recent picture of the rugrats.
Since she can eat most of what we can, I am now implementing a rating system.  It will be a 5 star system.  Very simple.  One to five stars depending on how many family members like that dish.

The recipe for today is strawberry bread.  I use a bread machine for all of my breads and dough and gotta say the bread machine is a fabulous invention.  Was not sure how well this bread would do.  But it turned out great.  Samara was a concern going into this because she does not like strawberries.  Something about getting seeds stuck between her teeth.

Strawberry Bread

Ingredients

1 package (10 oz.) frozen sweetened strawberries (thawed)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Directions

Drain the strawberries reserving 1/4 cup of the juice.  In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, baking soda , baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, and flour until well blended.  I did this one ingredient at a time to make sure they all mixed well.  I also used bread flour due to having a lot of extra on hand (all Rob's fault and I prefer bread flour for most of my cooking). Once all is blended then add in your strawberries and pecans.  When done mixing pour into bread machine pan and bake on the quick bread setting.  Once done let the bread cool completely before removing it from the bread pan.
This picture was taken not even a full 24 hours after it was done.  As you can see it disappeared rather quickly.  It turned out very moist, and the strawberries were blended into the bread.  I did not add the pecans as I am not a fan of nuts.  Samara actually really liked this bread and according to Conrad "It's delicious Mommy". So this recipe is a winner.

Rating

Don't forget to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and of course Google+



No comments:

Post a Comment