Monday, September 17, 2012

Our Journey Begins

Cooking for a family can be difficult at times. You have a wide variety of tastes, and no one seems to like the same foods.  Hopefully this blog will help. I will be posting easy step by step recipes.  Some will be family favorites, some will be new for me and my family. Just bear with me while I work out the kinks.

Some of the recipes that I will be including in the upcoming months are:
Baked mashed potatoes
Chicken kaboom
Breakfast potatoes
Breakfast casserole
Deep fried hot dogs
Pasta bake
Homemade pizza
Fried noodles

I will also add new recipes as I find them.  Some will come from old cookbooks and some from pinterest.  I will always link to original recipes and give credit where it is due. As these will be recipes for the family I will give their ratings on what is cooked.

Our family is very diverse in food tastes.  At the top of the pyramid is my husband, Rob. He will eat almost anything (the spicier the better). Then there is me, Crystal. I am pretty open minded with varied tastes. And now the interesting family members. Next comes Samara. She is my 9 year old who was a vegetarian until the age of 5. She would eat chicken and macaroni and cheese all day long if she could. Her motto is: The blander the better. And then there is my Monkeyman Conrad. He's my 7 year old who is a meat and potatoes kind of boy. He doesn't adjust well to change. And he has a strand dislike of cheese.  And the newest addition to the family is 4 month old Ava, my Bugaboo.  Hopefully her tastes will be varied as she grows older.  And there you have it, those are my loves.

As time goes on I will also include fun little projects that can be done either as a family or for family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment